link

               
HOME     TRAVELS     FOOD     ABOUT     CONTACT

slideshow


Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ilocos Travel Diary: La Paz Sand Dunes


I'm no adventure junkie but I do try, and I'm glad I was able to have this experience.



The last day of our Ilocos trip had sand boarding and 4x4 ATV riding on the itinerary. YAY! I had mixed feelings because I'm kind of a scaredy cat when it comes to extreme sports but I always push myself and psyche myself out into doing these kinds of things. Call time was 6 am and I didn't know what to expect so I wasn't able to pack proper sand boarding outfits! 

WHAT TO WEAR when sand boarding: make sure you bring clothes that you don't mind getting dirty in. An old pair of leggings or jogging pants would do, or if pants are too hot for you then you could always wear fitted shorts. Loose shorts probably aren't a good idea because the sand might get inside your pants. For your top, you could always wear a loose shirt or anything sleeveless that you can move around in. The point is to enjoy and have fun! 

I did not know what to expect and I wish I had researched earlier about this. I was planning on wearing my nicer jeggings but I couldn't bear to see them all dirty. Good thing I brought some swim shorts and just wore cycling shorts underneath to protect my butt from the sand. Haha.


Riding the 4x4 you can choose whether you want it extreme or mild. We didn't know what to expect and I wasn't sure that I wanted to go extreme so we chose the mild version. Good thing! Because the mild already felt a little bit extreme! If you have sweaty hands it's kind of hard because you really have to hold on tight and one of my friends kept slipping off. I even hit my jaw on the rail. Charge everything to experience! 







Sand boarding was the best part for me. I tried sitting first - which was pretty easy and not scary at all! Afterwards I tried standing and I pretty much fell on the first try. But, not wanting to give up, I tried again because I really wanted to reach the end without falling. 




caught on camera!


The second time I was able to make it all the way to the end! Yay me! I was able to conquer a "fear" :)