link

               
HOME     TRAVELS     FOOD     ABOUT     CONTACT

slideshow


Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ilocos Travel Diary: Vigan




From Ilocos, we had to travel 2 hours by land to get to Vigan - "World Heritage Site in that it is one of the few Hispanic towns left in the Philippines where its structures remained intact, and is well known for its cobblestone streets, and a unique architecture that fuses Philippine and Oriental building designs and construction, with colonial European architecture." (wikipedia)

I've heard of Vigan before and I've seen pictures so many times so I was really REALLY excited to get there because it just looked so beautiful. I was expecting it to be a huge area with lots of places to go to. But I was kinda shocked to find that it was just a short strip. One strip really called "Calle Crisologo" with shops on the left and right but nothing much else really after that. I guess sometimes pictures can really "lie". Haha, don't get me wrong. It's really beautiful and it reminds me of an old Spanish City but I guess I was just expecting so much more. 

We waited until dusk to take more pictures and had dinner at one of the quaint cafes around the area. The place does look so much better at night though. It's like the street comes alive during the night time. :)